Blended Burger Round Deux
It’s blended burger time ladies and gentlemen! We’re excited to announce that we will be participating in this movement to spreading the importance of sustainable culinary practices with the James Beard Foundation and their Blended Burger Project.
The Blended Burger Project is an initiative set forth by The James Beard Foundation to encourage chefs to create a healthier, more sustainable burger without sacrificing taste. This movement educates diners about the benefits of “The Blend”.
Paying homage to his roots, Chef Justin Medina (@chefjustinmedina) has crafted a Blended Burger that can unite (and excite) us all. This unique combination of cultural flavors was inspired by the 1870’s migration of Cubans to Florida where, as dockworkers, they worked side by side with Italians, Germans, and Spaniards. Viva Ybor! features soppressata seasoned beef, pork and cremini mushroom blended patty, swiss, cured sweet ham, mojo pork pernile, English mustard, and house-made mustard pickles on fresh Cuban bread.
Brewmaster Ron Raike is pairing Viva Ybor! with our Starliner Simcoe Lager. Starliner is beautifully balance with a strong malty backbone showcasing bright, tropical hop aromas and a slight bitterness to complement the flavors of this burger. Try one on tap and look for it out in distribution the first week of June!
How you can vote and support the Blended Burger Project™:
- Join us in the taproom anytime through July 31st and try our creation, Viva Ybor!
- Visit jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject to view the gallery of blended burger photos, and cast your vote for the blended burger that best represents the most creative use of mushrooms, best flavor profile, and most appetizing appearance
- Post your burger photos to social media with the hashtag #blendedburgerproject to spread the word!
Blended Burger Photo Contest!
We want to see your photography skills! Join us in the taproom and order Viva Ybor!, take a stylistic photo, and upload to social media for your chance to win! Winners will have their photo featured on our social media, as well as take home a $20 Playalinda Gift Card! Here are the rules:
- Must take picture of the our Blended Burger, Viva Ybor! in our Brix Project taproom
- Use the hashtag #BrixBlendedBurger
- Tag Playalinda Brewing Company – Brix Project (Facebook), @brix_project (Instagram), or @playalindabrews (Twitter) in the photo
About the James Beard Foundation:
The James Beard Foundation is about good food. From our commitment to advocacy and thought leadership through our Impact Programs, to the James Beard Awards, which celebrate the heights of culinary excellence, the James Beard Foundation is passionate about making the food world a more delicious place. Good food is more than just delicious, good food also means a better food world, one that is diverse, sustainable, equitable, and accessible for all.