Much like our beer, this position will challenge the ordinary and evolve with time. We’re seeking someone located in the Titusville area or in close proximity to, with a passion for great beer, and making a difference in our community.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and passionate Production Brewer to join our team at Playalinda Brewing Company. The person who we are looking for has a quest for delivering our guests with an exceptional experience through high-quality, locally crafted beer.
This position will be responsible for the brewing process from start to finish including the preparation of raw materials through the kegging and canning of finished product.
About the Production Brewer role:
- Raw ingredient handling, active participation in brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentation, keg cleaning, etc.
- Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
- Tank management (gravity checks, dry-hopping, etc.)
- Cleaning and sanitation on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchangers, mash tun, kettle, bright tanks)
- Mash tun cleaning including the removal of spent grain
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery materials
- Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, packaging, FOH, customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Maintain brewery equipment as well as general facility
At a minimum, the Production Brewer must have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a brewery or brewpub
- Must live in the Titusville area
- Strong work ethic and self-starter attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of grain and kegs of beer, up to 165lbs
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
- Flexibility in schedule, ability to work rotating shifts
PLEASE NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the company. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Ready to apply? Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com